Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Review: Crossed (Matched #2)


Title: Crossed (Matched #2)
Author: Ally Condie
Rating: 2.5 of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary:
In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.


My Take:
Since I just thought Matched was good, not awesome or amazing, I thought this one would be the same. In the beginning, it was awful. I couldn't find the story interesting and I almost gave up. But after about 50 pages it gets a lot better. 


I'd never been a huge fan of Ky before but this book tugged my opinion of him all around. Just when I was really starting to like him, he goes and keeps things from Cassia. So I couldn't like him after that of course. But then things keep happening and I'm not sure how I feel anymore. Xander is still my favorite and I'm sad we didn't see him in this book. But I'm thinking we'll see him a lot in the next. 


There are more secrets and things the readers don't know in this book, so that makes it more interesting. Things in their lives are really starting to change and I could have kicked Cassia multiple times for the stupid decisions she was making. I really don't think she uses her head much.


Even though this book was really confusing and I couldn't exactly tell what people were talking about some of the time, I'm glad I read it. I'll definitely be reading the last in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment