Monday, March 5, 2012

Review: Half Black Soul (Alexa Montgomery Saga #2)

Title: Half Black Soul (Alexa Montgomery Saga #2)
Author: H. D. Gordon
Rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary:
In the past few weeks Alexa Montgomery has had her entire world flipped upside down. She's gone from living a semi-normal teenage life to a life full of vampires and werewolves who all expect her to deliver them from the control of an evil dictator. 

Alexa is the last of her kind; a Sun Warrior, and now she has left the safety of Two Rivers to search for her mother, but she's left her sister behind to do so, and Nelly is the one person that she was told that she must always protect. Kayden, a vampire who is Alexa's other half, has followed her on her journey. But, secrets are about to come out, relationships will break and danger lies just up ahead. Will Alexa be able to get through all of this and make it out alive? And, will she be able to protect Nelly from danger when she is so far away?


My Review:

Wow. Just, WOW.


If you liked Blood Warrior, you are going to absolutely LOVE this! The first book was good, but this one is just fantastic! The writing, the action, the sexual tension - all delicious!


I like it that we got this story from both Nelly & Alexa's POVs - there is even a surprise POV hehe :) The only thing that got me was that throughout the book the POVs don't seem to skip significant events, or maybe I just didn't notice, but we skip how Kayden manages to get something done that I would have liked to read. 


I understand that Alexa is the only warrior left and has her crazy killer side (that I freaking love btw!) but I think the ending was a little unrealistic. Other than that though I really enjoyed the characters working together. There was also a surprise at the end I didn't see coming that made me pretty happy about. It makes more sense that way to me. 


I really like Nelly as a character. We learn so much more about her and you can tell a difference in her voice from Alexas. They are a little similar but to me I could tell a difference. Nelly is much more unselfish (at least to me). Alexa has too many issues and is trying to deal with them all. It could also be because I read Blood Warrior a little bit ago but I'm not exactly sure why things are happening at Two Rivers that are. I'm thinking though that I just need to reread the first to completely understand it.


Alexa and herself (her monster inside her) have conversations/debates/revelations together and all the bickering back and forth was cracking me up! They were probably my favorite part of the book! I also loved all the hot and heavy scenes, but who doesn't love those ;) Alexa needs to figure out how she feels about Kayden though, or at least admit it to herself, because I can tell how she feels and it's ticking me off they aren't together.


If you haven't read Blood Warrior, get this series now! I can't wait to see what happens next. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment