Sunday, March 4, 2012

Review: The Moon and the Tide (Marina's Tales #2)

Title: The Moon and the Tide (Marina's Tales #2)
Author: Derrolyn Anderson
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads description:
Just when things seem to be all figured out, Marina discovers that there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than she ever imagined. When she learned the truth about her past she thought the drama was over, but she couldn't have been more wrong.

Shocked to discover her whole life has been a lie, Marina is confronted with more than one kind of betrayal, taking solace in a dangerous new habit. After a terrible accident exposes her secret, a dangerous enemy arrives on the scene. Marina's bravery is put to the test once again, forcing her to use all of her new-found skills to protect her family.

Can good triumph over evil?

Will true love win out over jealousy?


My Review:

I really liked this novel, even more than the first. I have become addicted to Marina's story!


There seems to be a perfect blend of romance and action happening in this novel. There's a lot of Marina and Ethan being together but there's also a heck of a lot happening to Marina. She finds herself in a lot of situations in this novel!


I really like it that everything I can think of is explained well in this novel. If you don't understand why something is happening, there's definitely an answer by the end. Even how they get out, or in, of some situations so easily sometimes is explained. And it makes sense!! Nothing bothers me more than characters getting out of situations but multiple bouts of luck. That doesn't happen in this novel, at least I didn't notice it did.


One of the things that bothered me was how Marina knew her and Ethan broke up? I guess they kind of mutually agreed on it but it was unspoken or something and I didn't catch it. I figured they were still together and just talking for a bit. It also really bothered me that Marina wouldn't just go talk to Ethan sometimes when she wanted to see him. 


I loved that we saw ore Kimo because I think he's a really fun character. And more Lorelei because she just reminds me of a human barbie - beautiful, childish and excited all the time. 


Marina didn't tell Boris that someone was creeping on her when I thought she should have, and she even had multiple opportunities! That disappointed me a little. All she had to do was call. Oh, and I'm also confused why Ethan and Marina all of a sudden have phones in this novel but they never used them in the first and only certain occasions here. 


I liked the way Marina's obsession with the water was shown. She really is like an addict and I wouldn't expect anything less from her because she's literally fighting against her nature. As a reader I just wish she would be more careful! Every time she went surfing I kept waiting for something bad to happen!


The ending with her also really surprised me and I actually liked the way the ending played out. This novel left me craving more and I'm diving into the next right away :D

No comments:

Post a Comment