Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Review: Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2)


Title: Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2)
Author: Richelle Mead
Rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary:

Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...


It's winter break at St. Vladimir's, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy's crawling with Guardians - including Rose's hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn't bad enough, Rose's tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason's got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa's head while she's making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy's not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad's annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.


But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely come without a price...


My take:

I finally see what all the VA hype is about! This book was great, fantastic. I devoured it. 


Although I didn't cry like some people I know did, I can understand why so many people thought this book was so sad. It was. For some reason those series isn't just hitting me on an intense emotional level yet. Maybe because I'm reading them too fast? I just can't seem to stop :) hehe


Well I've finally met Adrian and I'm very glad I did! He's sultry and sexy. Even though people say he's trouble, well I understand how Rose feels about wanting to be near him. I can't wait to learn more about him! 


There was a lot more action and this one, and thankfully, there weren't as much social drama. Well there was, but public things, not really this person hates someone else and blah, blah, blah. 


Rose matured SO much in this story and I've learned to like her a lot better. I'm beginning to think Lissa is a little naive about a lot, but I still like her. Christian I still love and I gained a lot more respect for him in this one!  I liked Mason a lot more and I still feel the same way about Dimitri, he's great. In this one we met in famous Janine Hathaway (Rose's mother). I also felt differently about Mia in this book and I started to like her more.


Ok, enough talking about this. I also have the third sooo I'm going to go read it now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment