Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I FINALLY picked a career

Yes, it's true! I've finally decided what I want to do with my life :) And I've picked.........

English Education!

I'm elated I've finally made up my mind. I've been toying around with this idea forever, literally since about 4th grade, and I've finally yielded to my hearts calling. 

I started out undergrad planning to go into Math Education but I wasn't completely sure, and after a quarter, I was still undecided. I finally graduated with dual degree in Business Administration (specifically  International Business) and Psychology. No, I couldn't pick just one. Are you crazy? A girl has to keep her options open. But throughout undergrad I tutored a kid in English, read to little grade school children and was even a teaching assistant for a class. I loved every minute of all those things, yet I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life.

But after I graduated I knew I had to continue school - I'd be a permanent student if it paid - and I wasn't 100% sure on what for. I think it took me so long to decide because teacher's pay really sucks. But I've decided that I don't really care. I'll be doing what I love, and that's the end of it. 

I've started looking at programs already and I can't wait to see where my life takes me now. This is a HUGE step for me and I'm so glad I've finally taken a step towards something. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment