Thursday, October 6, 2011

Top Ten Books That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a different top ten list and I found it's fun to sit and think about the lists! Anyone can participate and if you link your post on their page, other's might stop by as well.


Yes, I'm a little late on this one, oh well! I've been so busy this week but I've finally gotten around to it. I'm lucky I did it at all really. 

So this one might be hard because I'm going to not give away any spoilers, so I'm going to have to watch my ramblings!

1. Mockingjay by Suzanna Collins - for anyone that's read this series, yes, I'm talking about the end of this entire series. I couldn't believe who she ended up with! Looking back on it, it was the right choice, but I was definitely the other guys team. And **slight spoiler***** different districts? ***** you probably won't understand what I mean anyways unless you've read the end of the books. But promise, only slightly spoilery thing.

2. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare - I know everyone who's read this series agrees with me on this one. Really, Cassandra? REALLY? I have no idea where this relationship is leading now.

3. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick - Just when things were getting happy again too! :(

4. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa - Thank goodness there is a fourth book in this series and I found out about it before I read this book, or I would still be bawling my eyes out.  

5. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - This one produced the most tears of any other book ending I think I've ever read. If there wasn't another book after this, I would have seriously questioned Oliver's sanity in leaving so many people broken-hearted and confused! AWFUL (but amazing) ending!

6. Shade by Jeri-Smith Ready - Even though I sort of expected, ok I didn't expected, I was more hoping because I didn't think at all it would happen, but it did. At that point in time though I was kind of just like, 'Really? Come on, quit switching things around.' 

7. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - This one wasn't a big one but I just read it recently and it's fresh in my mind. This was kind of brought on because of the feeling I was getting throughout the whole book. I keep thinking something would be explained and then it wasn't.... so I was like WTF?! There will be another though, so hopefully I'll get my questions answered!

8. Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater - I don't remember which book exactly because I read them all right after another really, but after one, I remember thinking, 'Wow, what a cliff hanger.'

That's all that I can come up with. Either, I haven't read enough books in my lifetime to come up with a better list, author's don't write a lot of OMG endings, or my memory sucks. All I think are likely. I really think that one of the books in The House of Night Series by P.C. & Kristin Cast should be on this list, but there are so many of them there's no way I would be able to tell you which one. This kind of just a guess too :)

Hope you enjoyed the list! Let me know if you agree or disagree with any on my list. If you disagree, I'd love to know why too!

No comments:

Post a Comment