Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: Silence (Hush, Hush #3)


Title: Silence (Hush, Hush #3)
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Rating: 4/5 stars

Goodreads Summary:
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.

My Review:
This was one of my most anticipated books this year and I'm SO happy I finally got my greedy paws on it :)


I pretty much loved this book. Definitely not in the beginning, but the last 2/3's seemed to make up for it. Nora basically doesn't remember Patch from the beginning and it's frustarting, because obviously we know everything.


It's almost like everything was re-explained again, except this time I understood it a lot better. Probably because we get to know more about the arcangels, fallen angels and the Nephilim. I'm not completely assured of everything they do, or are capable of, for example the stealing memories thing seemed to come out of no where, but I feel better about where I stand on their issues. Fitzpatrick did a good job of not explaining the unimportant or boring monotonous details over again, but still I didn't feel like I was learning much new information, and that was frustrating for a while. It's not like this through the whole book, mostly just the beginning. We learn quit a bit more and something HUGE happens at the end. (of course it's the end). 


The first 1/3 of the book was pretty much Patchless and it depressed me. :( He's basically the reason I read the books. Patch's banter towards Nora makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, and I liked the more sensitive Patch we get to know in this book. He's so adorably charming and cute. He had me melting in his papery hands. HIs arrogant, devious ways are all still there though, so no worries if you love him for those!


At times I didn't understand why some characters came into play. I didn't completely understand why Patch's old love interest, and Nora's enemy, had to come into play but luckily she was only involved in a couple of scenes.


Overall, a lot of my favorite quotes of the series are from this book. I didn't find out about Book #4 until a couple of days before Silence's release. And I'm completely stoked for it!


This was one of my most anticipated books this year and I'm SO happy I finally got my greedy paws on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment