Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Town's Book Selection Sucks

So I live in the tiny town of Cambridge, Ohio. The only place to really get a book around here is Walmart or Kmart, and they basically carry the same titles. I'm getting SO unbelievably frustrated because they don't get half the books I want to read! Or they get them about a week after they come out. :/ I want the book THE DAY IT COMES OUT. Is that really too much to ask? Curse living in a little town!


The reason I say this is because Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter

came out today and I've been looking forward to it. BUT, like I had to do with The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, I had to order it off Amazon and then wait like a week for it to get here. >:/ Not a happy Alexandria.

I know some of you might be like 'buy a ereader!'. Well I have a Kindle, and I adore my Kindle, but some books I just have to have in print. My favorites, or ones I know I'll love specifically. I like to be able to flip through easily and get to pages easily. It's an idiosyncrasy of mine :)

Ok, that's my little rant about small town living. I've always dreamed about opening up a bookstore here, but I'm afraid it wouldn't do so well. It's rough times around these parts.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain.
    I don't live in a small town - not exactly - but the nearest bookstore is half an hour or so away. The only places to buy books (physically) these days seem to be general-type stores, and like you said, they always have the same titles and usually not the ones you want. I was devastated when Borders closed.

    ReplyDelete