Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Review: Hades (Halo #2)


Title: Hades (Halo #2)
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Rating: 4/5 stars

Goodreads description:
Bethany Church is an angel sent to Earth to keep dark forces at bay. Falling in love was never part of her mission, but the bond between Beth and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier Woods, is undeniably strong. But even Xavier's love, and the care of her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can't keep Beth from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in Hell. There, the demon Jake Thorn bargains for Beth's release back to Earth. But what he asks of her will destroy her, and quite possibly her loved ones, as well.

The story that Alexandra Adornetto built in her New York Times--bestselling debut, Halo, comes alive, in action-packed an unexpecting ways, as angels battle demons, and the power of love is put to the test.



My Review:
I wasn't in love with Halo but I liked it enough to give Hades a try and I gotta say I'm happy I did! Hades was a much better story because the pacing was perfect. Things didn't move too fast and I found myself happy with Bethany's character.


I must admit that things happening in Hades didn't really add up for me. The way Jake handled Bethany didn't seem right. He's a demon so I thought he would have done more to her, even if it was against her will. [***spoiler start*** I also thought that Bethany being able to communicate with Xavier was really cute but it didn't seem like that should be happening and I thought it was kind of annoying that she could. Don't get me wrong I'm glad she could but I don't like it when the main characters always can do these extraordinary things. ***spoiler end****]


I remember reading a description that made me think I would judge Xavier's loyalty or not, but I honestly never did. I understand he got upset and Ivy and Gabriel had to set him straight sometimes, but I think for a teenage boy that's normal.


What I was not expecting was the whole Gabriel and Molly thing. I'm really anxious to read about them in the Heaven!


Overall, I found myself really liking the book and I liked that we got to see a lot more of Bethany's family, Ivy and Gabriel. They're nice characters to read about and I'm glad we learned more about them.


I must say I definitely didn't see that ending coming and I don't really think it made sense - Xavier never acts so spontaneous like that. But it made me eager to find out what Heaven's all about!

1 comment:

  1. I love your Dr. Seuss quote so true. Thanks for stopping by our blog and making a comment I really appreciate it. Good luck and be happy. Lisa

    ReplyDelete