Friday, September 9, 2011

Review: Winter's Passage (The Iron Fey #1.5)


Title: Winter's Passage (The Iron Fey #1.5)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Rating: 4/5 stars

I did read this after I had already read the third book in the series. Even though I mentioned that in my review I just want to point out that I may have effected how I felt about this novella.

Goodreads Summary:
Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl...until she discovered that she is really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash. But first, Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck--Meghan's best friend and servant of her father, King Oberon--who was gravely injured defending Meghan from the Iron Fey.

Yet Meghan and Ash's detour does not go unnoticed. They have caught the attention of an ancient, powerful hunter--a foe that even Ash may not be able to defeat....


My review:
A great little novella about what happens between The Iron King and The Iron Daughter. Ash and Meghan are on their way to the Unseelie Court and are being chased by an ancient, vicious hunter.


I enjoyed this little story but I didn't find myself in love with it. I was confused because right now Ash is still obviously trying to hid his feelings for Meghan, but he keeps letting them slip. I understand that, I just think I'm having trouble going back to how they used to feel about each other because I have just finished the Iron Queen.


I was very confused as to why Grimalkin would help Ash and Meghan. I know he thinks Meghan's interesting and fun to watch, but I really still don't understand why he helped them out of the blue - it just doesn't seem in his nature.


Overall, cute little story and it really did help me figure out why Meghan was so hurt in the beginning of The Iron Daughter with the way Ash was treating her. She was talking about how they seemed to have spent so much time together and I couldn't figure out what she was talking about because I didn't feel like we got as much Ash and Meghan time as she was talking about. But this little novella explains it all. Her feelings for Ash in the the beginning of The Iron Daughter are much more valid after reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment