Thursday, September 8, 2011

Review: The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3)




Title: The Iron Queen  (The Iron Fey #3)

Author: Julie Kagawa

Rating: 5/5 stars!

Marked as a favorite!



Goodreads summary:

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.


My Review:


'WOW' and 'WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?' are the two things that immediately came to mind after reading the ending. Lets just say Julie really knows how to deliver an ending, or a cliffhanger, and I sobbed, smiled, and laughed like a baby at the ending.


This story begins right after Meghan and Ash have banished themselves from the faery realm. Well right after, the Iron fey come looked for her making her go on a suicide mission to destroy the false iron king. Things are so bad even the Winter and Summer courts have teamed up for this war. Meghan is left to make a heart-wrenching decision that destroys as well as mends.


You can really see how well Julie's writing styles has progressed. I was completely enthralled with Iron Queen! The first two I liked but wasn't completely hooked or in love with, but this book made the series a hook-line-and-sinker favorite. Meghan as a character developed SO much. This somewhat shy, hesitant girl is completely gone. Meghan faced her challenges head on and didn't let anyone get in her way, and I mean anyone - faery, iron fey, father, even Puck or Ash.


The biggest and really only problem I had with this story was that Ash seemed to obedient with Meghan. After a certain something (not saying because HUGE spoiler) he had to ask her before he could do anything - and that really bothered me. He basically had to ask to protect her at one point, which left me very confused.


In this book we got to see a lot of both Ash and Puck, which I was very greatful for. I love Ash but I can't resist Puck's devilish charm. There was a lot of banter between the two and I loved every minute of it.


I couldn't put this book down, seriously. I've loved some books and can go a day without reading it but this one was devoured in about two days (and it took that long only because life got in the way.) Because of this book alone the Iron Fey series has become one of my favorites and Julie Kagawa is one of my new favorite authors. I simply CANNOT wait for The Iron Knight. Thank goodness it isn't over yet!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment