Monday, September 5, 2011

Review: Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey #2)

  
Title: Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey #2)
Author : Julie Kagawa
Rating: 4/5 stars

Goodreads description:
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey - ironbound faeries that only she and her prince have seen. But no one believes her. 
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart. 

My review: 


I really liked Iron Daughter, even more than the Iron King!

In this book Meghan goes back to the Winter Court with Ash as promised. You would think with Ash being there she wouldn't be in any danger, but that's not really the case. Ash starts being cold and distant again and Meghan is basically left to defend for herself. Then something happens and people start to change their minds while the Iron Fey start to advance on their new enemy.

My opinions about characters changed in this novel and I loved some character, like Puck, so much more! I feel in love with his charm and playful ways. We find out that Puck and Ash know a lot about each other, as they should they were best friends, but I found myself wanting their back story. How I'd love to read just more about the two of them. Puck's tricks and Ash on the more relaxed side would be a great read no doubt.

Ash's old relationship is resurfaced and I couldn't tell how he felt about it, in fact, I still can't. I hope it's addressed in the next book that he's either over it or never will be. It's bothering me and I think the readers need to know.

Ash and Meghan's relationship really bothered me A LOT in the beginning of the book. Him blowing her off and her not really doing anything about it but complaining got to be a little, but they finally talked it over. You'll have to see what happens by reading though! I must say that I think they loved each other a little too quickly.

The ending of this story was a completely fulfilling one. It was so great for me, except leaving one little person behind :(, that I almost don't want to read the next book. I'm scared of what comes next! One of my favorite characters just had their heart broken, and I'm not sure when Meghan will see him again :/ Which I'm sure she will because he has to come back!

Definitely recommend this series!



No comments:

Post a Comment